Friday, February 29, 2008

MoJo found...

After last nights last night panic I feel better now... my MoJo is coming back .. phew

I went out for a run (scary) as my schedule (which I've not followed for several weeks now!).. called for a 20min easy and 20min at half marathon pace... so given that scared me I did 12mins easy and 12mins at half marathon.... FELT A LOT BETTER.... phew

I put down my recent lethargy to;
1. Jet leg (after all)
2. Lack of red wine

As I found, having gone cold turkey for 10 whole days that I ran today much better having had a glass of wine and slab of cheese last night. Not that I'll be following that diet tomorrow night ;o)

Now we've got that panic out of the way (with less then 48hrs left before the "race" I think that entitles me to at least two more), here's a summary of my training week this week;

Saturday - two rides - issues with Bike Saddle on ride one.. which lead me to fixing and going out again on ride two!
1. 17k in 1:15
2. 30k in 1:30
Sunday - A SWIM! Shock horror ... and my first 2k session of the year... get me! ;o)
Monday - Easy run (4.2k in 26mins) followed by 5mins drills
Tuesday - 45min Spin on Turbo trainer, followed by 5min run straight after
Weds - ANOTHER SWIM! Club swim this time. 1.1k with a rumour that a did a 7min something 400m timetrial but as I didn't get timed we'll never know, so I'll assume it's 7:59 !
Thurs - OFF - another 12hour work day led me to losing my MOJO and panicking about Sunday's half!
Fri - easy/half mary pace run 4.2 in 24mins

Actually now I look at that - it's not too bad.... contemplating either a short 3k run tomorrow morning just to spin my legs around.. or I may opt for an easy spin on my bike..hum

Another change - I have been following a training week Sat to Fri... as of Monday I'm going back Mon-Sun... So this phase is getting an extra couple of days and ends on Sunday!

Thank crunchie for Friday! OH and....

HAPPY LEAP DAY! Especially those whose birthday arrives today

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Have fun and do good. That's all that matters!! Very cool that you are back in the pool again. We have a big year ahead of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank crunchie for Friday indeed. Wait, what does that mean? I love it and want to use it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Crunchie?

    Have a good race!!

    ReplyDelete