Sunday, March 02, 2008

NEW PB!!

Oh my..... I am pooped....

.... and I forget to buy my Crunchie reward bar (grrrrr)

BUT WHAT A DAY!

I'll write the race report tomorrow......

I mastered both a bit of pacing and a NEGATIVE SPLIT (not that it was a big negative split ... but all the same...)

First 10.5k: 1:01:10
Second 10.5k: 1:00:39

READING HALF MARATHON RACE TIME: 2:01:50

Fan-fare!

A new PB by nearly 9 mins (well that hill wasn't there on this course!)

My aim was sub 2:05... when I was on tri camp I confessed to Jules that it'd be dead chuffed with a time somewhere 1:58 to 2:02.... GET ME ... in by a whisker!

Will need to confirm this on the official results when they are posted... Obviously this being my "chip time" and not my absolute time (which is how they position you), which timed from when the starters gun goes......which will add about 10min I guess as that's how long it took me to get to the start line!

Right - my eyes are closing so time to dream of the next half marathon which comes at the end of the 70.3... I AM MAD!

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoooooooo!! Congrats, Karen!! I KNEW KNEW KNEW you would have a great day, and a PB is icing on the cake!!!! Rock ONNNNNN! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Karen! 9 minutes is a splendid improvement. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoooooooHoooooooo

    Thank Crunchie you have a new PB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular job!! It looks like the training really paid off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So who lit your shorts on fire missy?

    Runs like this make the training a bit easier.

    Keep up the good work speedy!

    ReplyDelete