Sunday, April 26, 2009

The tail of 20 miles and then 6

Well I did it!

Finished the marathon - crowds were fab, nah, AMAZiNG..... did fine till about 20miles then the wheels didn't just come off the truck the kinda blew up and flew off!!

I think it may have been the sub 9min mile I got from somewhere to 19miles... I remember feeling fine then... hummm... the heat I say.. it was the heat (like over 20 degrees which is ridiculous for April, wasn't even that hot all of last summer!)

So here's a picture of my Garmin download - bonk in all it's glory!

Full race report to come... I'll just leave you with this picture of my toe... believe me; it's just as well it's blurred....
All the fours.. time of 4:44... I'm happy, sore and tired! Race report owed!

8 comments:

  1. good job for finishing - and 20 awesome miles in there. No shame in the wheels falling off!

    owie your toe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! You did the FREAKIN LONDON MARATHON!!! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Hope your toe bounces back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!! Fantastic job ;D ;D ;D ;D

    Ouch that toe looks painful! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the marathon finish! I knew you could do it. I bet that finisher's medal looks awesome. Rest up - I can't wait to read the full report.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get us a picture of that marathon medal when you post your detailed race report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it when you go and do a race the weather is fabulous and when we do a race it's rubbish...hmm?

    ReplyDelete