Monday, February 09, 2009

High Heels

I don't wear high heels very often, well I'm 5'8" so tall enough already, and besides they are uncomfortable after a while.

And so I was proved on Saturday night when I decided to wear some new puppies (shoes), a bargain from the summer.... so in my posh frock I stood tall and proud in my 4" heels... WOW!
DID I FEEL TALL!

... and then we waited in the reception to be seated.

... and waited

... and waited

Does this count as a strength & conditioning session?

The call to dinner couldn't have come sooner enough, an hour was too long - my calfs and quads were screaming!!

So I sat and thought I was saved.

UNTIL SUNDAY... UG!

Now Sunday came and I HAD to do an 8 miler... but what bad planning doing that the day after the night when I decided to wear 4 inch heels for the first time in 3 years! OUCH!

But despite the tiredness and tightness yesterday I did do my 8 mile "easy" (ha ha ha more like nightmareishly hard) session on the dreadmill, for which I am proud. Thank the Lord today is a rest day is all I can say!

Today my legs are.... SORE!.... and sore in weird places too.

I've put those high heels away - like all endurance sports you're supposed to train up aren't you - next time I decide I'm going to wear the heels I think I need to write myself a 3 month training plan!

4 comments:

  1. Just think of it as isometrics :-) Way to get your 8 miler in anyways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it counts as some sort of cross training!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. or strength training! N

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 inch heels are an athletic event in a class of their own. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete