Monday, May 25, 2009

6:00:36

Read it and weep...

If only I had managed to pee on the bike (rather then having to get off and find shelter behind a bush).... or if only I had been faster in transition (like and run the risk of sun burn by not applying the sun cream)... or if only I hadn't taken the porta-loo break on the run when I didn't actually need to go.... if only I had known how close I was...

BUT STILL

I didn't go sub 6 but I did go '6'.. and there's me thinking I was more likely to be on for 6hours 30min

Needless to say I'm thrilled and completely shattered. Only just home after a long day of travel but at least my bike made it back in one piece and my kit is nearly all washed.

Race report to follow, but for now this tired triathlete needs her bed

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS... singing... "I got a medal! I got a medal"

7 comments:

  1. Good job. Rest up - we'll wait for the race report. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JulesR11:15 pm

    Fab race Karen, you were burning up that road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to rip it up Karen! Sounds like nature was against you. Have a great week. Enjoy the endorphine rush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done!

    I can feel the serious sub-6 momentum and motivation....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea, that's stupendous!! You've just been improving by leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Awesome time and your bike doesn't smell like pee!

    ReplyDelete