Tuesday, June 03, 2008

May Stato

Where has the week gone (again!).... hummm...

OK so I've not updated my training stats for May yet (probably because they stink!! LOL), but before I do I want to reflect on something;

I texted Leanne the other day telling her about a sportive I planned for this Sunday.. quote "I'm only in the shortie as I need to do a 3hr easy ride"... We talked later and reflected how a year ago neither of us had done a 40k ride! How a year ago 2hours on the bike was a l-o-n-g ride and anything over 40mins a long run. Oh what difference a year makes! I guess that's what 70.3 does for you??

Anyhow, yes May....

Now as I remember stating "Lots of travel, getting any long distance training in will be challenging"... Yep.... Here's the 4 weeks of stage "Pre-Comp 3" 28 April to 25 May, it's not pretty!

Swim 6.70k in 3:27:00 (avg 30:54 per k)
Bike 189.9k in 8:03:52 (2:33 per k)
Run 46.67k in 5:05:13 (6:32 per k)
Other 2hrs (walking)

OH DEAR - not ideal the month before my biggest TRI challenge ever!! LOL... well you gotta laugh or I'd probably cry!

Given I didn't train (travel, work, laziness) for 12 of the 28 days I guess we can easily see why the numbers are so low - at least I expected them though, so kinda planned (hummmm), and I did do an Oly race and get some PB's in it?!?!

You want to hear something funny though.. .since I got back (ie in the last week and a half), I've already cycled more then I did in that last phase!!! So much for "taper" ;o)... Actually I have been enjoying it - am still really pleased about the ride last Sunday (despite it ending early) as getting up Streatley was a real confidence booster. Have one more long bikey to do (66k sportive on Sunday), then I'm pretty much done!

HAPPY DAMN FRIDAY Y'ALL!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! You are going to do awesome! Did you get that southern accent from visiting us in Atlanta? ROFL!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not training for a 70.3, but I've been noticing the same thing about my perspective of a short vs medium vs. long run/ride/swim whatever.

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Y'all" - I'll be damned.. you hung out too much with Wes!

    Dont worry - you'll do just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!
    Your 70.3 is just around the corner. Good luck with it this weekend.

    Thea

    ReplyDelete