Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fear

I was supposed to ride today... 1.5hours with the middle 30mins ever so slightly at "wahhhhh" pace....

But then I was supposed to do something else today... well try to anyhow...... something I was scared of... trepedation set in...

So I woke up and thought I'd actually get the second task done before work and see how things went... By the time I got home from work tonight it was gone 7pm and was cold (huh nearly may and it was cold), and wet (blur).... I was tired and have a busy weekend of training and socials... so decided to bin the ride and tidy the house instead (whilst waiting for the takeaway to arrive!!)....

As a picture paints a thousand words (so they say), well maybe a graph does a job.... then you can guess what I tried this morning... yep people I stepped outside in the blissful morning air.....



Yep - -that would be a 10min walk, 20min jog and 10min walk down.... YEAH! I ran I ran I ran... first time since 19th Feb, not that I'm counting.. that's like my second run since I turned 40!! Perceived exersion was HIGH, despite that HR was in easy zone and surprisingly my pace was ok. Had a complete case of jelly legs after... which was entertaining.... I've been waiting all day for a reaction. Kind of got one but nothing serious.... Tomorrow I have a 3hour steady ride with 30mins cross trainer off it followed by a trip to the physio in the afternoon so she can assess what's gone on after the run.... Fingers crossed nothing seizes up overnight!

... and WHOOOOOPPPPPP for the run!

2 comments: