Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011!!!

Yes a new year is here already.... Like yikes.... Doesn't time fly!!

And before you ask no I have no resolutions as such.... Last year seem to work fine without any New Year rules so I thought I'd go for it again this year!

On very quick reflection of my 2010 tri year I conclude I had my longest injury period ever ( stopping me from running for months!) but still managed to do my longest race ever!! I swam a lot, biked even further and wished I could have run just a little bit.... I also had the biggest case of road rash I ever had.... And so the biggest scabs.... I also had the most grossly infected big toe ever.... All in the name of going long... In summary I had a FAB year :)

Next year, what am I saying THIS year is going to bring change (I quit my job and have about a month left to go).... Some time to give back (I'm hoping to do some voluntary work), some time to learn (I've enrolled on a sports and remedial massage course) and some excellent tri adventures (both as support crew and fingers crossed a big adventure State side).... It will be a thrill and a year on enlightenment (at least that's what I'm hoping for)

I'll leave it there and wish you sweet cheers for a wonderful, healthy, wealthy and prosperous new year.... And this little bit of comedy which I got forwarded yesterday.. You may have seen this already.... I found this sadly hilarious.... And please note I never ever got up at 4am for a work out last year!!

and yes I am an idiot... and truly insane....

4 comments:

  1. JulesR9:55 pm

    And here's an "after" clip:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwecwUiHA2s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant clip Doris, laughed all the way through this!
    Love the 'What the fuck is wrong with you?' line!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA HA ... Jules... VERY GOOD... and errr good point... I ought to do some training... you are doing that... so it's as well you already have the aero bike (and helmet) and race wheels (although I saw no dimples on them), you do not need a power metre (that would make you an idiot).. ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny clip. :-)

    best wishes in the year to come!!

    ReplyDelete