Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week in summary

Well usually I may consider a summary involving time, distances and possible in a fit of stat to madness, heart rate measurements too...

But not last week. Last week was the reawakening of that thing called .... exercise..... And so to be stress free little to no watch reading (unless I felt like I was well and truly past the red zone and about to have a heart attack).

So what did I do... Hum... Let me recall... So Monday I swam (YES) with no watch at all. It was fun to be in the water! Tuesday I ran, easy outside. It was nice to be out there in a little light drizzle for the awakening of the first dawn light.

Wednesday I was hoping to swim or do a body balance class after work, but that being the place of all consuming, time eating, financial year end that it is left me on my bum at my desk at 8pm.... And the class was long since missed and I had lost the will to live, let alone swim. So Wednesday became a rest day... Not that I resented that (what would be the point) and i wanted a little rest anyhow.

Thursday morning then I got up and swam.... And that felt nice too. With little idea before I plunged in about what "session" I'd do I decided to do a 30mins or min 1000m total and just feel the water as it were. Turned out to be a lovely swim, I could have carried on beyond the 30mins but the evil monster of foot cramptons made an appearance.... So it was time for me to leave the water ... And I left feeling pretty good with that too.... Why be stressed at a foot crampton, it was nice to close feeling full of spirit rather then knackered and my arms feeling like they were about to fall off.... After all I'm sure there's plenty of evil sessions to come this year!!

In my spirit of adventure I then decided to get to the gym in the evening just before my 7.30pm 'watershed' (after which time I don't believe in training unless it's stretching!).... Well gym dreadmill intervals was never going to be nice... And I was expecting to feel pretty rotten... But actually they were worse then evil and after I simply felt like going to bed for the rest of the winter..... Never got that post interval work out 'shine' from the effort.... No instead I got a great big migraine. Oh. But fear ye not, this was not the intervals fault but more my body throwing a hormonal imbalance wobbly at me (thanks then).... So good news really.... Intervals don't kill me even when my hormones are off the scale! I think that was only my 3rd migraine type experience of my life... Glad about that too...Let's hope for a nice big gap before the next one!!

So Friday was a right off which we will call a recovery day. I had originally thought saturday would be nice for a 5k time trial (stack up evil workouts in one week why not), but due to the headache Friday i thought better of it and went for a bike ride instead. Did briefly think about turbo session instead because the wind was blowing a bit then figured actually (a) I had probably ridden in much worse wind in Lanzarote and (b) it was mild enough to get out, so should strike whilst I can as one never knows when the winter may return and make me turbo! So I promptly went out and nearly got blown over by a gust of wind! Ha ha ha ha..... A nice easy 1hr 30 ride done I decided to throw in a comedy run straight after... Just 15mins of hilarity whilst my legs screamed "waaaahhh what are you doing" at me.... And I was running "easy" too.... Quite entertaining and in just before the sun went down and the rain came!

Sunday I was taken for a nice gentle "jog" up the Kennet canal... Who'd have thought a canal would have so many hills .... Ok ok... So there weren't any right.... Just felt like it.... But that was probably the red wine being filtered by my liver right? Anyway, I did wear my watch for this one, which was wise because this was supposed to bean easy "jog" which saw my hr peak to 170.... Very funny that then..... Note to self; for first long run since..... Errrrr.... Who knows when.... Do not play poker whilst drinking red wine in a smoked filled room the night before. It is not conducive to performance, although does provide some form on "entertainment". To be honest though the run was great. Running in daylight, on a windy day next to a stretch of water smelling the fresh air was GREAT.

So that was the week. No idea of hours logged. No ideas of distances swam, biked or run (although that could be because have not downloaded my garmin yet... Ha ha ha ha..) but I got some decent time in doing "stuff". More of the same this week may be challenging as I am in holland for a couple of days then excitement of excitement start my Diploma this weekend.... I think this week will be mainly about running.... And stretching... Oh and at the weekend.... Sports Massage!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment