Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good Karen

Took to the bike this morning to get to work.... I saw bunny rabbits (mainly their white fluffy behinds as the hopped away from me), birds, butterfly's, swans, geese, the odd dog (with walker attached via lead)..... and this song came to me...

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world....

...and then I got to work :o(

LOL

The ride home was equally as cute and I regained my hope that mankind is not just full of the a***holes I met in the car park yesterday, as everyone I met on the way home wore a smile!

No club swim as planned as home too late to make it back out in time. Instead I did do a good deed with a quick 1 hour emergency baby-sitting session for my neighbour whose husband had got caught up at a meeting at work. Well done me :o)

...and now it's time for zzzzzzz

PS: Lisa - gold star for your "British English" comment. Very good use of the word "bloke" and "bugger", very well done ;o)

4 comments:

  1. Good job commuting.

    Today I did NOTHING. I give myself "free pass" per week and I just used it up. No rest for me for the remainder of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. er - that was ONE "free pass" per week. you know what i mean. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm. That's all nice and all, but WHERE IS MY translation :-) You guys still have bunny rabbits there? I thought they had been hunted to extinction. Oh, wait a minute, those are the foxes :-) LOL. I get to see bunnies on the trail when I ride too. That is really cool!! The people in my neighborhood are really cool with bikers, as long as you don't stray too far out of the neighborhood. Good day! And I luv your reference to that most excellent song :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the bike commute.

    George Patton said it best...the English and Americans are two people separated by a common language.

    ReplyDelete