Monday, January 12, 2009

A few questions...

1. How do you get a word such as "thixotropic" into your blog?
I didn't even know this word existed until I read it on "Journey to a Centum"

2. Should you wear shorts over your running tights? DISCUSS
I personally don't think it's necessary, but then I also tend to wear a top which covers my arse (LOL)... I think lose running shorts over tights look a bit daft but then I don't care what I look like when I run and so what if I think it looks daft as it doesn't really matter (if you see what I mean)

3. I read on a couple of blogs (here and here) recently which had your "word" in. What's your word?

This is mine, I like it!

Your Word is "Peace"
You see life as precious, and you wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of.

Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to you.

While you can't stop war, you try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in your everyday life.

You promote harmony and cooperation. You're always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway.

I like my word!

4. What day of the week is your "rest" day?
Mine is today... phewy! Did make a 6miler yesterday so as well... although the 6 miles were done 5min walk/ 10min run given virus yuk thingy.

5. Apparently this week is the week people start a diet and/or fitness plan. Are you starting one?
I am doing both. I've weighed myself in (the scales wobbled but didn't break!) and have a plan getting sorted for London!

Happy Monday - only 5 days to the weekend and to Papa G's birthday!

6 comments:

  1. I don't wear shorts over my running tights, but I wear a long shirt and usually end up taking my jacket off and tying it around my waste. So the bum gets covered.

    My word was fearless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lisa! I don't do the shorts but make sure that the shirt I'm wearing is long enough to cover my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, Sunday is my rest day. I took 3 days off of P90X so I could get back onto a Monday to Sunday schedule. I did run Saturday though (a fiver!)

    I don't wear shorts over my tights. How would anybody see my cute butt that way? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Thixotropic just bubbled up from my work vocabulary.

    2) Send pictures, we'll let you know. This of course brings up the other all important debate of the uni-butt look of panties vs the more natural look when wearing a thong or just going commando but it's another issue and I don't want to get sidetracked.

    3) Growth is a good word. It's a critical part of living a good life. It can help you in all aspects of life. If you are not learning you are not living.

    4) Monday and Friday are my "bookend" rest days.

    5) I have established a healthy eating habit based on the book The Zone by Barry Sears. Yes I cheat but it's not going to kill me to do so every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! My daughter is going to get a trip to the UK for graduating high school next summer so we will just have to meet! I am thinking about doing IM UK when we are there. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only ever seen young guys run with shorts over their tights, I'm guessing to protect their man bits from the extreme cold we get.

    My word was Peace too!!

    ReplyDelete