Sunday, January 11, 2009

Road Trip


So I finally got home from my fews days away, 190ish miles drives Weds, Thurs and Fri left me kinda pooped come Friday night! Bleah!

But hey I took some photo's whilst driving through Wales :o)

... and I've come up a with a kinda plan to get me to London.... the marathon that is, not like drive there (I know how to do that already... mwahhhh!)...... although I've yet to figure out how to up my mileage for London and get where I need to for the bike with Austria 70.3 just a month after... answers on a postcard (or comment below) appreciated!

So what of my drive through Wales then... well I actually, despite the miles, I enjoyed the majority of the journey, pretty much until I got back in to real civilization the scenery was wonderful and I was lucky with the weather (cold but clear). I passed through and saw signs for villages such as Llandovery, Llanfihangel-ar-arth, Llanlieonfel and Ysbyty-Ystwyth.... obviously Wales does have it's own language knowing which would allow you to be able to work out how these names are supposed to be spoken! (Note I did watch a bit of Welsh TV but, apart from the name of people I couldn't follow!)

The road ahead was going to be a long one;
But it was ok, I had my waterbottle and radio tuned into Radio 2 for some 80s and 90s "classics"

There was still some snow on some slopes (not much mind - phew!)
Luckily I did follow a "Powys road maintenance vehicle for some time"... lucky as he had road salt and a shoovle in the back, not that it was needed for my journey
I saw plenty of sheep (as you would expect, I was in Wales afterall!)
I even saw the moon!

Off to the doctors tomorrow for a check up to get the all clear for a marathon. I'm feeling loads better from this virus thing I picked up just before Christmas but still not 100%... so still treading carefully whilst wanting to ease back into easy sessions (strictly no tempo work until I'm 100%). Still a check up with the doctor will hopefully be reassuring and give me the green light to proceed! Huzzah!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Thx for sharing.

    Hoping for green light from doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To do the marathon thing, you will obviously be run focused! So, quality time on the bike. You have a coach right? He/she will help you figure it out, fo sho!!!

    p.s. Shhhh... you are driving on the wrong side of the road ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's wonderful to see a landscape NOT covered with 3 feet of snow! Great pics by the way, though I'm with Wes on that wrong side of the road thing!

    I've added you to my blogroll on Life Is A Tri. Happy training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! You're driving on the wrong side of the road!

    ReplyDelete