Friday, January 03, 2014

Day 3 Swim

Given the amount of rain we have had recently and continue to have (have you seen the forecast!)... I decided to go swimming this morning... not just in my garden either but down at the local pool. 

I had no fixed agenda but ended up doing a CSS swim test... covering the 400m in 7:15 and 200m in about 3:30 (I say about as I handily hit the "delete" button from my swim watch so can't quite remember but it was something like that)... so putting in my numbers to SwimSmooth's site I get a CSS of 1:53 which is a little shocking as I've not been back in the water long ... I guess my technique must be coming back quite quickly.... just got to work on the endurance side of it then.

I exited the pool having done 400m FC, 200m Drill, 200mFC, 200mPB and 100m of mixed for a low but exciting total of 1100m in about 26mins or something like that.

I may or may not get any more activity in today... but at least #Janathon Day 3 is done :)

Oh and on other news I seemed to have got a bit carried away with myself and signed up for both Jantastic and Winter Miles Challenge if these don't help me have a bit of a run focus I don't know what will (as long as I don't forget I signed up for them!!!)

That is all on Day 3!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A fellow Winter Miles challenge participant!

    And purple shampoo is real! I use aveda blue malva about once every three shampoos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of anyone who can swim well. I did a triathlon last summer and the swim was definitely the hardest part for me. When I was younger I was a strong swimmer, but I've really lost all technique now. I'd love to get back into it and do more tris, it was such an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete